The Leader has responsibility for international, regional, sub-regional and external relationships including:-
· Overall leadership of the Council.
· Setting Corporate Policy (Localism, Police Reform, Deprived communities, Welfare reform and the Corporate Plan).
· Reputation Management.
· External Affairs including sub-regional, regional, national and international partnerships and engagement, including:-
Ø Town twinning with St Quentin – annual programme of visits and exchanges.
Ø International partnerships e.g. Zabrze, Cartaxio, Reisa, Seocho.
· Leading the Councils input to the Rotherham Partnership.
· Overall responsibility for Corporate Governance, including signing the Council’s Annual Governance Statement to confirm the Council has appropriate rules, polices and procedures in place and operating effectively for managing its business.
· Overall responsibility for ensuring the Council sets and delivers a balanced budget.
· Corporate Communication.
· To oversee the transition of Public Health into the Council until the formal operating date of April 2013, working with Health and Wellbeing Board Cabinet Members.
· To oversee the Health Protection Plan until the formal operating date of April 2013, working with Health and Wellbeing Board Cabinet Members.