The Leader has responsibility for overall leadership of the Council and representing the borough at a national regional and sub-regional level. The Leader will take personal responsibility for leading the drive towards corporate improvement, organisational change, and is responsible for the Council’s governance and ethical framework.
· Overall leadership of the Council
· Setting Corporate Policy
Localism, Police Reform, Deprived communities, Welfare reform, Corporate Plan
· Reputation Management
· Corporate Improvement, Innovation and organisational change.
· To lead on Member Development and training
· To lead on Standards & Governance
· Overall responsibility for Corporate Governance, including signing the Council’s Annual Governance Statement to confirm the Council has appropriate rules, polices and procedures in place and operating effectively for managing its business
· Overall responsibility for ensuring the Council sets and delivers a balanced budget
· Corporate Communication
· To lead the Council’s formal Conciliation and Consultation arrangements
· Member of the Local Strategic Partnership Board
· Community Cohesion