Decision Maker: Cabinet and Commissioners' Decision Making Meeting (during Government Intervention - 18 January 2016 to 23 September 2018)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Consideration was given to a report submitted by the Assistant Chief Executive which sought the adoption and approval of an Advertising and Sponsorship Policy.
It was reported that there was a need for the Council to adopt a policy to clearly set out what was acceptable in terms of advertising and sponsorship content or material and ensure that there was no conflict with the authority’s priorities, values or services.
It was further reported that the adoption of a policy would:-
· Ensure the Council maximised opportunities and income and secured best value for money
· Establish a unified and corporate approach (including best practice) to advertising and sponsorship across the Council
· Ensure compliance with legislation, advertising industry codes and other relevant Council policies
· Support the development of commercial partnerships with the private sector
· Safeguard the image and environment of the borough
· Support the Council’s reputation and corporate identity
· Protect Members and officers from allegations of inappropriate dealings or relationships with advertisers or sponsors.
That the Advertising and Sponsorship Policy be approved.
Publication date: 06/08/2018
Date of decision: 06/08/2018
Effective from: 17/08/2018