Decision Maker: Cabinet and Commissioners' Decision Making Meeting (during Government Intervention - 18 January 2016 to 23 September 2018)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the unaudited revenue and capital
Outturn for 2017/18 and the impact on reserves.
Consideration was given to a report which outlined the final revenue and capital outturn position for 2017/18.
The revenue budget 2017/18 was approved by Council on 8th March, 2017. A budget of £221.560M (including Public Health) was set for General Fund services excluding schools’ budgets and Housing Revenue Account. The final outturn position was a £3.237M underspend.
The original budget had proposed a planned use of reserves of £10.467M, therefore, only £7.230M would be utilised leaving £3.237M which would be available to support the budget in later years.
A summary of the outturn position for each Directorates was set out in the report submitted.
The Council continued to face demand pressures particularly in respect of Social Care. The total overspends for Social Care were £7.737M Children and £4,059M Adults.
The Council’s General Fund minimum balance reserve remained at £11.269M. The reserve was held to protect the Council against unforeseen events and realisation of contingency liabilities.
The Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Health confirmed the service was determined to bring the Adult Social Care overspend down, but this was against the national crisis of under funding for social care of around £8 billion.
Resolved:- (1) That the Revenue Outturn position of a £3.237M underspend be noted.
(2) That the transfer of £2.353M HRA underspend be transferred to the HRA reserve be approved.
(3) That the carry forward of the combined Schools’ balance of £1.401M in accordance with DfE regulations be noted.
(4) That the reserves position as set out in Section 3.12 of the report submitted be noted.
(5) That the capital outturn and funding position, as set out in Section 3.13 and Appendix One, of the report submitted be noted.
(6) That the inclusion into the capital programme of new schemes funded by external resources, as set out in Appendix One of the report submitted, be noted.
Publication date: 09/07/2018
Date of decision: 09/07/2018
Effective from: 20/07/2018