Venue: Town Hall, The Crofts, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2TH
Contact: Debbie Pons, Governance Adviser The webcast can be viewed at http://www.rotherham.public-i.tv
Exclusion of the Press and Public
There were no items on the agenda to warrant exclusion of the press and public.
Matters of Urgency
There were no matters of urgency for consideration.
(A form is attached and spares will be available at the meeting)
Councillor Castledine-Dack declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in application RB2021/0048 (erection of 197 No. dwellinghouses and associated works at land off Chapel Way/Lambrell Avenue, Kiveton Park for Strata Homes) on the grounds that her employer, Alexander Stafford M.P., had submitted a objection and had requested his written statement be read out at the meeting.
Councillor Castledine-Dack left the room during consideration of this application.
Resolved:- That the minutes of the previous meeting of the Planning Regulatory Board held on Thursday, 29th April, 2021, be approved as a correct record of the meeting.
There were no site visits recommended.
Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure, the following attended the meeting and spoke about the applications below:-
- Demolition of existing Residential Rehabilitation Accommodation and erection of Qdos Careers Hub at land at Badsely Moor Lane Hospital Badsley Moor Lane Clifton for QCH Rotherham Ltd & NHS Property Services Ltd (RB2020/1518)
Mrs. R. Gilbert (Applicant)
Mrs. K. Kirkby (Objector)
- Erection of 197 No. dwellinghouses & associated works at land off Chapel Way/ Lambrell Avenue Kiveton Park for Strata Homes (RB2021/0048)
Ms. C. Lindley (on behalf of the Applicant)
Councillor D. Beck (Objector)
Statements were also read out on behalf of objectors who were uable to attend the meeting from:-
Alexander Stafford M.P.
Mrs. M. Oldroyd
Ms. K. Almond
- Change of Use to drinking establishment (Use Class Sui Generis) with decking area to front for seating pods at 129 Bawtry Road Wickersley for The Garrison (RB2021/0097)
Mrs. M. Godfrey (Objector)
Mr. P. Thirlwall (Objector)
Councillor E. Hoddinott (Objector)
A statement was ready out on behalf of Mr. E. Vaughan (Applicant).
(2) That application RB2020/1518 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting, subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and subject to amendment to Conditions 2 (to include the Proposed Planting Plan) and a revision to Condition 24 to now read:-
The permission hereby granted shall relate to the area shown outlined in red on the approved site plan and the development shall only take place in accordance with the submitted details and specifications andas shown on the approved plans (as set out below)
· Location Plan 1083_QCH100
· Proposed Site Plan 1083_QCH103 Rev
· Demolition Plan 1083_QCH102
· Way Finding 1083_QCH106 Rev A
· Proposed Ground Floor Plan 1083_QCH200
· Proposed First Floor Plan 1083_QCH201
· Proposed Roof Plan 1083_QCH202 Rev A
· Proposed Elevations 1083_QCH210
· Proposed Elevations 1083_QCH211
· Proposed Elevations 1083_QCH212 Rev B
· Proposed Sections 1083_QCH220
· Landscape Masterplan 3351 101 Rev A
· Preliminary Finished Levels AMA/20780/DR/103 Rev A
· Proposed Planting Plan – 3551 201 Rev A
Landscaping of the site as shown on the approved plan (drawing no.Planting Plan 3551-201 Rev A) shall be carried out during the first available planting season after commencement of the development. Any plants or trees which within a period of 5 years from completion of planting die, are removed or damaged, or that fail to thrive shall be replaced within the next planting season. Assessment of requirements for replacement planting shall be carried out on an annual basis in September of each year and any defective work or materials discovered shall be rectified before 31st December of that year.
(3) That the Planning Board declare that it was not favourably disposed towards application RB2021/0048 and that it be refused for the following reasons:-
The following update informaton was provided:-
(a) Further to Minute No. 181(3) of the meeting of the Planning Board held on 29th April, 2021, following consultation between the application and the objector in relation to applicaton RB2020/1591 (Demolition of unlisted buildings and erection of 170 no. dwellinghouses and conversion of 4 no. existing buildings to create 27 No. dwellinghouses with associated landscaping and works at former Swinden Technology Centre Moorgate Road Moorgate for Keepmoat Homes) the trees bordering the boundary were to remain in situ and the designated bin store had been moved to another location.
(b) An email had been circulated from the Planning Advisory Service with regards to a free training event on the 16th June, 2021 between 5.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m.
Members were advised if they signed up to alerts from the Planning Advisory Service they would be advised of any further training events in the future.
(c) Between the last meeting and this meeting Ian Ferguson, Transportation Adviser to the Planning Board, had retired.
The Board wished him a long and happy retirement.
Resolved:- That the update information be noted.
Date of next meeting
Resolved:- That the next meeting of the Planning Board take place on Thursday, 1st July, 2021 at 9.00 a.m. at Rotherham Town Hall.