Venue: Town Hall, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2TH
Contact: Democratic Services Officer Email: email@example.com
Consideration was given to the minutes of the previous meeting held on 18th March, 2009.
Resolved:- That the minutes be approved as a correct record.
Matters arising from the previous meeting
There were no issues arising from the previous minutes.
Carole Smith, Strategic Property Manager, to report
- to consider the funding required for security and rates of the leisure facilities detailed in the report and explore options for their re-use.
Further to Minute No.66 of the meeting of the Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Development Services held on 11th August, 2008, consideration was given to a report, presented by the Director of Asset Management, informing the Board that as a result of the Leisure PFI/PPP Project certain leisure facilities would become redundant as new facilities we-re built.
The report identified the funding required for security and rates of the leisure facilities detailed and explored options for their re-use. It was pointed out that demolition costs had already been accounted for in four of the ten sites.
Members present discussed the current position in respect of:-
- Charles T. Broughton Swimming Pool – Aston ComprehensiveSchool – noting the current issue of car parking provision
- Oakwood Swimming Pool – site potential
- Wath Swimming Pool – site potential
- Swinton Swimming Pool – site potential
Further issues raised included:-
- the current cost of demolition
- the problem of vandalism
- cleaning specification at the new facilities
Resolved:- (1) That Regeneration and Asset Board recommend to the Cabinet that Dinnington, Aston and Wingfield Pools are retained for school use.
(2) That further consultation is carried out on the future of the Maltby Sports Centre, Oakwood, Wath and Swinton Pools and the results be reported to the Corporate Management Team.
(3) The Director of Asset Management submits this report to the Cabinet for approval.
(4) That, in respect of car parking issues at Charles T. Broughton Pool/Aston Comprehensive School, the Director of Culture and Leisure arranges, in consultation with the Leader’s office, for the Head Teacher and Chair of Governors to be invited to discuss a mutually agreeable way forwards.
Date, time and venue of next meeting
To be confirmed.
It was noted that new reporting arrangements would come into effect in June, 2009.