Venue: Town Hall, Moorgate Street, Rotherham S60 2TH
Contact: Debbie Pons
Declarations of Interest
There were no Declarations of Interest made at this meeting.
Consideration was given to the minutes of the previous meeting of the Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham Joint Waste Board, held on 6th July, 2018.
Agreed:- That the minutes of the previous meeting of the BDR Joint Waste Board be approved as a correct record for signature by the Chairman.
· Contract Delivery
· Community Liaison Group Minutes
The Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham Joint Waste Manager submitted a report which highlighted and updated the following issues relating to the Joint Waste Private Finance Initiative (PFI), for the period April 2017 to March 2018:-
- Contract delivery (including performance and targets);
- Health and Safety;
- Finance – the Operational Management Budget Out-turn 2017/18;
- Minutes of the meeting of the BDR PFI waste treatment facility community liaison group held on 30th April, 2018;
- Waste Compositional Analysis;
- Renewi Contract.
The Joint Waste Board welcomed Mr. A. Brookes and Mr. S. Lund (Renewi) who reported on the contract performance in respect of the Bolton Road waste treatment facility. Reference was made to the commercial performance of Renewi and the company’s commitment to the current contract.
Agreed:- (1) That the BDR Manager’s report be received and its contents noted.
(2) That the details now reported in respect of the Renewi contract be noted and Members be provided with copies of the briefing note now discussed.
Discussion took place on the following items:-
(1) During the spell of hot weather in July and August 2018, there had been an increase in the number of complaints about flies from the Bolton Road site. The number of complaints had reduced as the spell of hot weather had ended.
(2) Possible introduction by Central Government of an Incineration Tax, as part of the proposed new Waste and Resource Strategy.
Agreed:- That the information be noted.
The Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham Joint Waste Board considered the updated Waste PFI risk status report (risk register) which had been maintained during the various stages of the joint waste project. The report stated that fifteen risks are registered, with one risk added and none deleted since the last Joint Waste Board meeting held on 6th July, 2018. The new risk had been added due to the financial performance of the sub-contractor in the UK municipal market.
Agreed:- That the updated information on the risk status report, as now submitted, be received.
Date, time and venue for the next meeting
: a meeting on a date to be arranged during November or December, 2018.
: if necessary, a meeting shall be held during March, 2019, on a date to be arranged.
: annual meeting on a date to be arranged during June or July, 2019.
Agreed:- (1) That the next meeting of the Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham Joint Waste Board be held on either Monday, 26th November, 2018, or Monday, 3rd December, 2018, at a venue in Sheffield and at a starting time to be determined.
(2) That the next following meeting of the Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham Joint Waste Board be held on a Monday during February or March, 2019 at the Town Hall, Rotherham.