Agenda

Rotherham Schools' Forum - Friday 19 November 2021 8.30 a.m.

Venue: Virtual via Microsoft Teams

Contact: Debbie Pons , Governance Adviser 

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introductions

 

Welcome by the Chair and introductions by all Forum Members present.

2.

Apologies for Absence.

 

To receive apologies from any Forum Member who are unable to attend the meeting.

3.

Declarations of Interest

 

To invite Forum Members to declare any interests they may have on agenda items to be considered at this meeting, to confirm the nature of those interests and whether they intend to leave the meeting for the consideration of the item.

4.

Minutes of the Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 301 KB

 

Recommendation:-  To receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 17th September, 2021.

5.

Matters Arising from Previous Minutes

 

To consider and report on any matters arising from the previous minutes.

6.

HNB 2021/22 Finance Update pdf icon PDF 132 KB

Neil Hardwick and Vera Njegic to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive the update and note the contents.

7.

School Funding Formula 2022/23 Consultation Outcome pdf icon PDF 153 KB

Neil Hardwick and Vera Njegic to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That members of Schools’ Forum note the content of the report and that votes be undertaken with the appropriate members of the Schools’ Forum to agree the school and academy local funding formula for 2022/23 for submission to the ESFA by 21st January, 2022.

Additional documents:

8.

Scheme for Financing Local Authority Maintained Schools (Updated Scheme)

 

Vera Njegic to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive the update and note the contents.

9.

Household Support Fund and Free School Meals Vouchers

 

Nathan Heath and Neil Hardwick to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive the update and note the contents.

10.

DfE Consultation - Reforming How Local Authorities' School Improvement Functions Are Funded

Nathan Heath and Neil Hardwick to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive the consultation.

 

 

11.

Safety Valve

Nathan Heath to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive and note the update on progress.

 

12.

SEND Inspection

Nathan Heath to present.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive the presentation and note the contents.

 

Link to Inspection Documentation - SEND Joint Area Inspection – Rotherham SEND Local Offer

13.

Education Unions Facility Time pdf icon PDF 159 KB

Ian Henderson to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive the report and note the contents.

14.

Any Other Business

(a)        For Review - Constitution and Composition of the Rotherham Schools Forum based on the School Sector Breakdown.

 

Recommendation:-  To receive any other items of urgent business.

15.

Date of Next Meeting

 

Recommendation:-  To consider and agree the date and time of the next meeting of the Rotherham Schools’ Forum. 

 

This is scheduled to take place on Friday, 21st January, 2022 at 8.30 a.m. – venue to be confirmed, but it is suggested this is moved to Friday, 14th January, 2022 at 8.30 a.m. to support the submission of data to the ESFA by 21st January, 2022.