Agenda

Rotherham Schools' Forum - Friday 23 September 2022 8.30 a.m.

Venue: Rockingham Professional Development Centre

Contact: Debbie Pons , Governance Adviser 

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introductions

 

Welcome and introductions by all Forum Members present.

2.

Appointment of Chair

 

To receive nominations and agree a new Chair of the Schools Forum.

3.

Appointment of Vice-Chair

 

To receive nominations and agree a new Vice-Chair of the Schools Forum.

4.

Apologies for Absence

 

To receive apologies from any Forum Member who are unable to attend the meeting.

5.

Declarations of Interest

 

To invite Forum Members to declare any interests they may have on agenda items to be considered at this meeting, to confirm the nature of those interests and whether they intend to leave the meeting for the consideration of the item.

6.

Minutes of the Previous Meeting held on 24th June, 2022 pdf icon PDF 181 KB

 

Recommendation:-  To receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 24th June, 2022.

7.

Matters Arising from Previous Minutes

 

To consider and report on any matters arising from the previous minutes.

8.

Membership and Constitution of the Rotherham Schools Forum pdf icon PDF 296 KB

 

Nathan Heath to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To consider and approve the amendments/updates to the membership of the Rotherham Schools Forum.

9.

School Forum High Needs Sub-Group

 

Nathan Heath to report.

 

Recommendation:-  To consider and discuss details for the High Needs Sub-Group.

10.

Update on High Needs Block (HNB) Operational Guidance 2023/24 pdf icon PDF 325 KB

 

Neil Hardwick to report.

 

Recommendation:-  (1)  To receive the report and note the changes to the 2023/24 High Needs Operational Guidance

 

(2)  That the 3% Special Schools Minimum Funding Guarantee change and how Notional SEN budgets are calculated and when it might be appropriate to seek additional resources be noted.

11.

SEMH School

 

Nathan Heath to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the update be received and the contents noted.

12.

Outreach Services (New Secondary Outreach Service)

 

Kelly Crompton and Julie Day to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the report be received and the contents noted.

13.

Safety Valve Intervention Programme

 

Nathan Heath and Neil Hardwick to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the report be received and the contents noted.

14.

SEND Sufficiency Phase 4

 

Nathan Heath to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the report be received and the contents noted.

15.

Education Safeguarding

 

Pam Ward to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the report be received and the contents noted.

16.

Funding for Ukrainian Children

 

Neil Hardwick to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the report be received and the contents noted.

17.

Free School Meals Update

 

Nathan Heath to report.

 

Recommendation:-  That the report be received and the contents noted.

18.

Any Other Business

 

Recommendation:-  To receive any other items of urgent business.

19.

Date of Next Meeting

 

Recommendation:-  To consider and agree the date and time of the next meeting of the Rotherham Schools’ Forum on Friday, 18th November, 2022 at 8.30 a.m. – venue to be confirmed.