Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure, the following attended the meeting and spoke about the applications below:-
- Demolition of existing Residential Rehabilitation Accommodation and erection of Qdos Careers Hub at land at Badsely Moor Lane Hospital Badsley Moor Lane Clifton for QCH Rotherham Ltd & NHS Property Services Ltd (RB2020/1518)
Mrs. R. Gilbert (Applicant)
Mrs. K. Kirkby (Objector)
- Erection of 197 No. dwellinghouses & associated works at land off Chapel Way/ Lambrell Avenue Kiveton Park for Strata Homes (RB2021/0048)
Ms. C. Lindley (on behalf of the Applicant)
Councillor D. Beck (Objector)
Statements were also read out on behalf of objectors who were uable to attend the meeting from:-
Alexander Stafford M.P.
Mrs. M. Oldroyd
Ms. K. Almond
- Change of Use to drinking establishment (Use Class Sui Generis) with decking area to front for seating pods at 129 Bawtry Road Wickersley for The Garrison (RB2021/0097)
Mrs. M. Godfrey (Objector)
Mr. P. Thirlwall (Objector)
Councillor E. Hoddinott (Objector)
A statement was ready out on behalf of Mr. E. Vaughan (Applicant).
(2) That application RB2020/1518 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting, subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and subject to amendment to Conditions 2 (to include the Proposed Planting Plan) and a revision to Condition 24 to now read:-
The permission hereby granted shall relate to the area shown outlined in red on the approved site plan and the development shall only take place in accordance with the submitted details and specifications andas shown on the approved plans (as set out below)
· Location Plan 1083_QCH100
· Proposed Site Plan 1083_QCH103 Rev
· Demolition Plan 1083_QCH102
· Way Finding 1083_QCH106 Rev A
· Proposed Ground Floor Plan 1083_QCH200
· Proposed First Floor Plan 1083_QCH201
· Proposed Roof Plan 1083_QCH202 Rev A
· Proposed Elevations 1083_QCH210
· Proposed Elevations 1083_QCH211
· Proposed Elevations 1083_QCH212 Rev B
· Proposed Sections 1083_QCH220
· Landscape Masterplan 3351 101 Rev A
· Preliminary Finished Levels AMA/20780/DR/103 Rev A
· Proposed Planting Plan – 3551 201 Rev A
Landscaping of the site as shown on the approved plan (drawing no.Planting Plan 3551-201 Rev A) shall be carried out during the first available planting season after commencement of the development. Any plants or trees which within a period of 5 years from completion of planting die, are removed or damaged, or that fail to thrive shall be replaced within the next planting season. Assessment of requirements for replacement planting shall be carried out on an annual basis in September of each year and any defective work or materials discovered shall be rectified before 31st December of that year.
(3) That the Planning Board declare that it was not favourably disposed towards application RB2021/0048 and that it be refused for the following reasons:-
The Local Planning Authority consider that the applicant has failed to demonstrate that the proposed development would not have an adverse impact on the local highway network to the detriment of existing highway users and the local community. The contents of the Transport Assessment is not considered robust enough to demonstrate that the local network can accommodate the vehicular movements created from this development. The development therefore does not comply with the National Planning Policy Framework in that the proposal has not demonstrated that it does not have a residual cumulative impact on the road network.
The Local Planning Authority consider that the applicant has failed to demonstrate that the proposed development would not have an adverse impact on the biodiversity of the site and the immediate surrounding area such that the scheme could have a negative impact on local wildlife habitats. The proposal would therefore be in conflict with policies CS20 ‘Biodiversity and Geodiversity’; SP33 ‘Conserving the Natural Environment’ and SP35 ‘Protected and Priority Species’ of Rotherham’s adopted Local Plan and paragraph 170 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
(4) That application RB2021/0097 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report.