Report from the Assistant Chief Executive.
That Cabinet note:
4. The performance reporting timetable for the remainder of the 2022-2023 year.
Consideration was given to the report which was the second progress report on the Council Plan 2022-25 and the Year Ahead Delivery Plan. As of 25th August, 2022, the activities within the Year Ahead Delivery Plan were rated as follows:
· 32% (29) complete
· 51% (47) were on track to be delivered by original target date
· 11% (10) were delayed by less than 3 months
· 5% (5) would not be met within 3 months of original target date
· 1% (1) was not yet due to start.
In agreement with South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority, there had been an extension to the bus, tram and cycle improvement schemes which formed part of the Transforming Cities Fund Programme until March 2024 (Year Ahead Delivery Plan Tracker 5.5). This action was currently marked as ‘known delays’, however, it was recommended that the dates in the Year Ahead Delivery Plan were amended to reflect the revised dates.
The in-depth progress report on the Council Plan and Year Ahead Delivery Plan was attached as Appendix 1 to the report. The next update was due to be provided to Cabinet in December 2022.
This report had been considered by the Overview and Scrutiny Management Board as part of the pre-decision scrutiny process. The Board fully supported the recommendations but made a number of recommendations that were accepted by Cabinet and included in the resolution.
That Cabinet note:
1. The overall position in relation to the Year Ahead Delivery Plan activities.
2. The data for the Council Plan performance measures for the first quarter of 2022-2023.
The agreed extended competition dates, as outlined
in paragraph 2.13, for the bus, tram and cycle improvement schemes
which form part of the Transforming Cities Fund Programme until
4. The performance reporting timetable for the remainder of the 2022-2023.
That Cabinet approve the following recommendations from the Overview and Scrutiny Management Board:
5. That consideration be given to the format of future reports to provide an infographic overview of progress and challenges as part of an executive summary.
6. That the Improving Lives Select Commission consider the measures relating to domestic abuse referrals.
7. That a briefing be circulated to Members of the Overview and Scrutiny Management Board and Improving Lives Select Commission on unaccompanied asylum-seeking children placed in Rotherham.
8. That further work be undertaken to address the issues raised by members in relation to improving call-handling.