Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure, a number of people attended the meeting and spoke about the applications below:-
- Change of use to living care facility (Use Class C2) with two storey and single storey side extension at Sitwell School House Grange Road Broom for Rotherham MBC (RB2022/1469)
Ms. H. Sweaton (Applicant on behalf of RMBC)
Mr. R. Bellamy (Objector)
Mr. M. Hussain (Objector)
- Demolition of dwelling and erection of 3 no. detatched dwellings at The Wendy House 221 Moorgate Road Moorgate for Mr. E. Karim (RB2021/1245)
Mr. R. Milnes (Objector)
Mr. C. Precious (Objector)
Mrs. J. Herrett (Objector)
Mrs. V. Brennan (Objector)
- Erection of 2.1m high palisade security fencing to boundaries adjacent to highway at Orchard Industrial Park New Orchard Road Thurcroft for Mr. R. Stevens (RB2022/1177)
Mr. R. Stevens (Applicant)
(3) That, application RB2021/1245 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and also subject to an amendment to include the words “and hedges” in Condition 6 to now read:-
Prior to commencement of development, a detailed landscape scheme shall be submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority,
The landscape scheme shall be prepared to a minimum scale of 1:200 and shall clearly identify through supplementary drawings where necessary:
- The extent of existing planting, including those trees, hedges or areas of vegetation that are to be retained, and those that it is proposed to remove.
- The extent of any changes to existing ground levels, where these are proposed.
- Any constraints in the form of existing or proposed site services, or visibility requirements.
- Areas of structural and ornamental planting that are to be carried out.
- The positions, design, materials and type of any boundary treatment to be erected.
- A planting plan and schedule detailing the proposed species, siting, quality and size specification, and planting distances.
- A written specification for ground preparation and soft landscape works.
- The programme for implementation.
- Written details of the responsibility for maintenance of all retained trees and hedges on the site, and a schedule of operations for the lifetime of the development, including replacement planting, that will be carried out for a period of 5 years after completion of the planting scheme.
The approved scheme shall thereafter be implemented in accordance with the approved landscape scheme and in accordance with the appropriate standards and codes of practice within a timescale agreed, in writing, by the Local Planning Authority.
To ensure that there is a well laid out scheme of healthy trees and shrubs in the interests of amenity and to provide appropriate biodiversity gain, in accordance with Local Plan Policy.
(4) That, application RB2022/1177 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and also subject to amendments to Conditions 2 and 3 to now read:-
Within three months of the granting of planning permission the sight line indicated on the attached copy plan shall be rendered effective by removing or reducing the height of anything existing on the land (shaded red) between the sight line and the highway which obstructs visibility at any height greater than 600mm above the level of the adjacent carriageway and the visibility thus provided shall be maintained.
In the interests of highway safety.
Within three months of the date of this permission the fencing shall be relocated as shown on the amended plans received 7 October 2022 and painted black.
In the interests of the visual amenity of the locality.