This portfolio has an emphasis on delivering jobs and strengthening the local economy combining, as well as strategic responsibilities around planning.
· All matters relating to Planning (including the Local Plan), Transportation, Building Regulations and sustainable transport initiatives
· Economic Development and Regeneration Strategy and Services.
· The development and Implementation of Economic Regeneration projects including Inward Investment and Business Growth.
· Town Centres, retail and commercial investment.
· Major town centre projects and development.
· Asset Management (alongside Cllr Wallis – protocol pending)
· Advising on the Council’s bidding prospectus relating to economic and business growth schemes into City Region and national funding opportunities.
· External Affairs relating to business growth and inward investment.
· Leading on marketing and promotion of the Borough.
· All matters relating to car parking.