1. That it be noted marriages and civil
partnerships ceremonies are to take place from 4th July in line
with government and GRO guidelines and associated venue risk
2. That Civil Partnership ceremonies are suspended until such time as UKVI and GRO issue a directive on when and how to restart safely.
3. That the Council waive the statutory notice fee of £35 per person for couples which have had to change their ceremony date due to COVID-19, making their initial paperwork out of date.
4. That the Council waive the statutory notice fee of £35 per person for couples which have had to change venue as a direct result of COVID-19 their initial venue has closed for business permanently.
5. That the Council charge the statutory fee of £35 per person where the couple intend on changing their marriage venue on re-scheduling through personal choice.
6. That Culture, Sport & Tourism management will continue to work with customers and the Council’s communications team in order to ensure the latest information is provided to the public in relation to the Registration Service.
7. That appropriate plans are drafted in relation to potential suspension of ceremonies where a local lockdown is implemented.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 28/07/2020
Decision due: 3 July 2020 by Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment
Lead director: Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment
Department: Regeneration and Environment
The report was considered by Gold Command,
within the Major Incident decision making structure, during the
COVID-19 pandemic. Constitutionally, decision making rests with the
relevant Strategic Director exercising the non-executive functions
delegated from the Council, under Appendix 9 of the Constitution
(Responsibility for Functions)
Leader of the Council
Date Report and Background Papers will be available: 03 July 2020