Venue: Town Hall, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2TH
Contact: Debbie Pons, Principal Democratic Services Officer. The webcast can be viewed at http://www.rotherham.public-i.tv
(A form is attached and spares will be available at the meeting)
There were no Declarations of Interest made at this meeting.
Resolved:- That the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Regulatory Board held on Thursday, 23rd August, 2018, be approved as a correct record for signature by the Chairman.
There were no site visits nor deferments recommended.
Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure, the following people attended the meeting and spoke about the applications listed:-
- Erection of 2 No. dwellinghouses at land to rear of 15 Station Road, Laughton Common for Mr. C. Fisher (RB2017/1376)
Mr. C. Fisher (Applicant)
Mr. B. Paxman (Objector)
Mrs. J. Hoey (Objector)
- Erection of 144 No. dwellinghouses with associated car parking, garages, access, landscaping, open space and drainage and new vehicular access on to Upper Wortley Road at land North ofUpper Wortley Road, Thorpe Hesley for Jones Homes (Yorkshire) Ltd. (RB2017/1484)
Mr. G. Winter (on behalf of the applicant Company)
Mrs. D. Stevenson (Objector)
Borough Councillor M. Clark (Councillor for the electoral Ward, objecting to the application)
- Erection of memorial wall, statue and plinth and associated works at Coronation Park, Laughton Road, Dinnington for Dinnington Colliery Old Boys (RB2018/0923)
Mr. D. Smith (Supporter)
Mrs. M. P. Smith (Supporter and Secretary of the Applicant Group)
Mrs. J. Hart (Objector)
(2) That application RB2017/1376 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and with the inclusion of an Informative relating to the treatment of the Poplar trees situated adjacent to the development site.
(3) That, with regard to application RB2017/1484:-
(a) the Council shall enter into an Agreement with the developer in accordance with the provisions of Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 for the purposes of securing the following:-
- 36 affordable housing units (25% of total units proposed) on site;
- a financial contribution of £252,936 towards Education provision for improvements to schools in the Thorpe Hesley area; and
- a financial contribution of £72,000 towards sustainable travel measures to support the development.
(b) consequent upon the satisfactory signing of the Section 106 Agreement, planning permission be granted for the proposed development for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report.
(4) That application RB2018/0923 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report.
Members of the Planning Board were informed of the publication, by the Government Department for Communities and Local Government, of consultation documents relating to the following issues:-
(1) permitted development for shale gas exploration; and
(2) the inclusion of shale gas production schemes in the list of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP).
The consultation documents were available to view via this Internet web site:-
Reports on these matters, including suggested responses by the Council to both of these consultation documents, were to be submitted for consideration at the next meeting of the Planning Board to be held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018.