Venue: Town Hall, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2TH
Contact: Debbie Pons, Governance Adviser The webcast can be viewed at http://www.rotherham.public-i.tv
(A form is attached and spares will be available at the meeting)
Councillor Whysall declared a personal interest in application RB2019/0341 (formation of private burial ground at land rear of Church Street, Wales) on the grounds of knowing the applicant and left the room whilst that application was discussed.
Resolved:- That the minutes of the previous meeting of the Planning Regulatory Board held on Thursday, 31st October, 2019, be approved as a correct record of the meeting.
There were no site visits or deferments recommended.
Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure the following people attended the meeting and spoke about applications listed below:-
- Outline application for the formation of a proposed motorway service area with details of access (comprising main service station building, car fuel filling station, HGV amenity building, HGV fuel filling station, formation of car, coach and caravan parking areas and associated works) at Motorway Service Area, Rotherway, Brinsworth for Applegreen Plc (RB2017/1347)
Mr. D. Jones (Applicant)
Mr. K. Lilley (Objector)
Ms. C. Kent (Objector)
Mr. P. Bedwell (Objector)
Three additional letters of objection received after the publication of the agenda were read out at the meeting from:-
Shaun and John Pashley (local residents)
Pegasus Planning Group
Sheffield City Council
- Formation of private burial ground at land rear of Church Street, Wales for R. Hammond (RB2019/0341)
Mr. G.M. Clay (Agent – on behalf of the applicant)
Mr. B. Marsh (Objector)
Mrs. G. Francis (Objector)
An additional objection was read out from Mr. and Mrs. J. Myers.
- Change of ground floor use to restaurant (use class A3) and erection of single storey front extension at 280 Bawtry Road, Wickersley for Divide UK (RB2019/1533)
Mr. Lee Smith (Applicant)
Ms. Sarah Barber (Objector)
Mrs. Maggie Godfrey (Objector)
(2) That application RB2017/1347 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and subject to an amendment to Condition No. 3 to now read:-
3. The Gross External Area of the Main Amenity Building shall not exceed 4,300 sq. meters; and the Gross External Area of the HGV Amenity Building Gross External Area shall not exceed 4,300 sq. metres.
(3) That applications RB2019/0341, RB2019/0343 and RB2019/1454 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report.
(4) That application RB2019/0821 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting, subject to the signing of a legal agreement to secure £140,000 towards affordable housing, to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and subject to an additional condition relating to the requirement for a management company for the communal areas to read:-
15. Prior to the occupation of the first dwelling a management company shall be established to maintain the car park and landscaped area shown on the Proposed Site Plan – Dwg No 19/2199/(02)002 Rev F. The management company shall thereafter manage and maintain these areas for the lifetime of the development.
Reason - To ensure the satisfactory management and maintenance of these areas.
(5) That application RB2019/1533 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report and subject to ... view the full minutes text for item 55.
The following update information was provided:-
(a) Clarification of burial sites on private land.
(b) Further to the meeting of the Planning Board held on 25th April, 2019 and the refusal of the temporary use of land for siting of offices and 6 No. storage containers at The Pitches Sports Club, Wickersley Road, Broom for Hotel Van Dyk Ltd. (RB2019/0119), the appeal submitted had subsequently been upheld. Due to the timeframe that had elapsed since the appeal was submitted this would give the applicant six months temporary permission for the location of the storage containers.
Resolved:- That the updates be noted.
Date of next meeting
Resolved:- That the next meeting of the Planning Board take place on the revised date of Thursday, 19th December, 2019 at 9.00 a.m.