Venue: Town Hall, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2TH
Contact: Debbie Pons, Principal Democratic Services Officer. The webcast can be viewed at http://www.rotherham.public-i.tv
(A form is attached and spares will be available at the meeting)
Councillor Jarvis declared personal interests in applications RB2019/1019 (change of use) and RB2019/1021 (Listed Building Consent) for Talbot Lane Methodist Church, Moorgate Street, Rotherham for Grimm & Co. on the basis of the applicant being a former colleague and left the room to observe from the gallery whilst the applications were discussed.
Resolved:- That the minutes of the previous meeting of the Planning Regulatory Board held on Thursday, 29th August, 2019, be approved as a correct record of the meeting.
There were no site visits nor deferments recommended.
Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure, the following people attended the meeting and spoke about the applications below:-
- Conversion of existing PH to 10 No. apartments (Use Class C3) at Red Lion Hotel, Main Street, Catcliffe for Mr. Brown (RB2019/0384)
Mr. G. Thirlwall (Applicant)
- Raising of land levels by 300mm and erection of detached garage. at 82 Swinston Hill Road, Dinnington for Mr. and Mrs. D. Morton (RB2019/0873)
Additional representation from resident at No. 33 Birkdale Avenue was read out by officers at the meeting.
- Single storey rear extension with roof lights and rear dormer windows at 20 Boyd Road, Wath-upon-Dearne for Mr. S. Braisby (RB2019/0964)
Mr. S. Braisby (Applicant)
Mr. J. Fearn (Objector)
Mr. J. Dickinson (Objector)
Mrs. E. Dawson (Objector)
Ms. B. Martin (Objector)
- Change of use to mixed use (comprising of teaching, performance and learning spaces, café, retail and associated office (use class Sui Generis)) with internal alterations, extract flue, fence (1.8m high), gate (2.5m high) and freestanding canopy to front with associated landscaping at Talbot Lane Methodist Church, Moorgate Street, Rotherham Town Centre for Grimm and Co. Limited (RB2019/1019)
- Listed Building Consent for change of use to mixed use (comprising of teaching, performance and learning spaces, café, retail and associated office (use class Sui Generis)) with internal alterations, and extraction flue at Talbot Lane Methodist Church, Moorgate Street, Rotherham Town Centre for Grimm and Co. Ltd. (RB2019/1021)
Ms. D. Bullivant (Applicant)
Mr. P. Chapman (Objector)
Dr. S. G. Boyce (Objector)
Dr. David Sykes (Objector)
- Subdivision and change of use of ground floor into coffee shop (A1/A3) to rear and a restaurant with hot food takeaway (A3/A5) to front and upper floor into studio apartment, demolish front extension and create shop fronts at 186 Bawtry Road, Wickersley for QFM Group (RB2019/1038)
Mr. S. Simms (on behalf of the Applicant)
Councillor Sue Ellis (Objector)
(2) That application RB2019/0384 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report with the inclusion of the following plan in Condition No. 2.
(Amended Elevations 10 Rev D) (Received 17 September 2019)
(3) That the Planning Board declares that it is not in favour of application RB2019/0873 and that the application be refused on the grounds the garage would be an incongruous and prominent feature within the streetscene when viewed from Birkdale Avenue due to its excessive height, contrary to Local Plan Policies CS28 ‘Sustainable Design’, and SP55 ‘Design Principles’ and the provisions of the NPPF and that the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman be authorised to approve the precise wording of the reason for refusal.
(4) That application RB2019/0964 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at ... view the full minutes text for item 36.
Further to Minute No. 31 of the meeting of the Planning Board held on 29th August, 2019, the following update information was provided:-
(a) Appeal – single storey side & rear extension to existing building to form A1 retail unit including ATM and associated works at land adjacent to The Cutler Public House, Woodsetts Road, North Anston for Tesco Stores Limited (RB2015/0777)
The appeal hearing took place on Tuesday, 10th September, 2019 in the Gallery at Riverside House and the decision by the Inspector would be delivered in due course.
Resolved:- That the information be noted.
Date of next meeting
Resolved:- That the next meeting of the Planning Board take place on Thursday, 10th October, 2019 at 9.00 a.m.