Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Site map Arabic Urdu Slovenian Farsi Chinese French

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Town Hall, Moorgate Street, ROTHERHAM. S60 2TH

Contact: Debbie Pons, Principal Democratic Services Officer 

Items
No. Item

21.

Minutes of the previous meeting held on 15th March, 2017 pdf icon PDF 38 KB

Minutes:

Consideration was given to the minutes of the previous meeting of the Transport Liaison Group, held on 15th March, 2017.

 

Agreed:- That the minutes of the previous meeting be approved as a correct record for signature by the Chairman.

22.

Matters arising from the previous minutes (not covered by the agenda items) pdf icon PDF 74 KB

Minutes:

Further to Minute No. 14(a) as part of the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive Update it was confirmed the re-routing and extra resources for the X78 service would return to normal at the end of August following flood defence works on the A6109 Meadowhall Road and the construction of the IKEA store on the A6178 Sheffield Road.

 

With regards to Minute No. 17 it was also confirmed the “Robin Hood” element had been removed from the name of Doncaster-Sheffield Airport.

 

Councillor Jepson was also signposted to the relevant teams over his concerns about temporary signs and overgrown hedging covering signs.

23.

Questions on Transport Issues pdf icon PDF 23 KB

Minutes:

The Transport Liaison Group noted the details of various questions on transport matters and the responses to those questions, submitted by Councillors and members of the public, as listed below:-

 

(a)        Use of disabled travel passes by South Yorkshire Freedom Riders and the need to refer this back to the South Yorkshire Passenger Executive/Combined Authority for reconsideration.

(b)        Rural subsidised bus service at Hooton Levitt and Maltby.

(c)        Pre-booked community transport.

(d)        Use of diesel/electric hybrid buses.

(e)        No. 45 bus service along Longfellow Drive.

 

Agreed:- That the details of the questions and responses be noted.

24.

South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive - Update

Minutes:

The Transport Liaison Group discussed the following issues:-

 

(a)        Tram-Train Construction Works – Bridge Street – works would continue with a project completion date later in 2018.

 

(b)        Rotherham Passenger Transport Interchange – work would commence on the public areas and the car park during 2018.

 

(c)        Next service change date – an email would be circulated in due course to all Elected Members, Parish Councils and Members of Parliament regarding proposals for September.

 

(d)        Cessation of the Bright Bus service – work was taking place with First, Stagecoach and Powells to see where replacement services could be delivered.  A breakdown by schools and where a normal bus service was used would be provided.

 

Agreed:-  That the information be noted.

25.

Bus Operators - Update

 

(1)       First Group

(2)       Stagecoach

(3)       Rotherham Community Transport

Minutes:

(1) First Group

 

Ticket prices, which had been reviewed, were implemented on the 7th May, 2017.  The price of the all-operator Travelmaster day ticket remained unchanged.

 

Liaison would continue with the Council and the Passenger Transport Executive during the refurbishment of the transport interchange.

 

Some minor timetabling had resulted in a few diversions following the works around Meadowhall.

 

There had been a number of engineering issues affecting seventeen buses, but this had now been resolved.

 

There was to be a drop in session in Brinsworth regarding service scheduling for September.

 

Following the cessation of the Bright Buses the First Group had picked up 40% of the bus service provision.

 

There had been a shortfall in the recruitment of new drivers, but the recruitment drive had gone well.  One difficulty had been the waiting list for PCV licenses.

 

Feedback from the consultation for the X1 service had been received and the most delays had been around Meadowhall.  A further look was to be made at the routing around Maltby and where this split off.  A further period of consultation was to take place and further information on this would be available soon.

 

(2) Stagecoach

 

Northing further to report.

 

Agreed:- That the information be noted.

26.

Railway Operators - Update

Minutes:

Nothing to report.

27.

Robin Hood Doncaster-Sheffield Airport - Update pdf icon PDF 1021 KB

 

Minutes of the meeting of the Robin Hood Airport Consultative Committee held on 6th April, 2017

Minutes:

Kelly Nayor from the Doncaster-Sheffield Airport provided an update and highlighted:-

 

·                Confirmed record year for passengers, 1.25m passengers in 2016, 40% growth (financial year).

·                Regularly fastest growing airport outside of London throughout the year.  The latest Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) figures show that airport has seen a 43.1 percent growth with rolling passenger numbers of 1.3m between 1st April, 2016 and 31st March, 2017.

·                113% increase in cargo tonnage, 9,625 tonnes in las year.  Recent cargo win - new perishable flight bringing flowers and vegetables to the UK for some of the country’s largest retailers.

·                Routes added this year were Sofia (Dec 2016) Palma Mallorca, Dubrovnik and Bourgas.  Thomson will start a new Chambery route for Winter 17.

·                Flybe Summer 18 will go on sale towards the end of July

·                Benell investment at Aero Centre Yorkshire.

 

The Panel also considered the minutes of the most recent meeting of the Doncaster-Sheffield Airport Consultative Committee held on 6th April, 2017.

 

Agreed:- That the information provided and the minutes of the Airport Consultative Committee meeting be noted.

28.

RMBC Transportation Unit - Verbal Updates

Minutes:

Nothing further to report.

29.

Transport Advisory Board - Terms of Reference pdf icon PDF 20 KB

Minutes:

Consideration was given to a draft report, circulated to all those present, which proposed a change to the current liaison arrangements following changes to strategic transport in Rotherham.

 

The draft report set out the purpose and scope of the newly titled Transportation Advisory Board, its format, composition and membership, meeting arrangements, meeting schedule and draft agenda items during 2017/18.

 

This way of information sharing would enable updates on a six monthly basis to be shared on schemes and forward plan for specific agenda items on schemes, reviews and programmes.

 

The membership of the Board would remain with a member from each ward, politically balanced.

 

Members asked as number of questions and were advised accordingly on issues relating to:-

 

·             Access Fund – Waverley Cycle Path.

·             Forward planning for population growth, all of which was incorporated into the Local Plan.

·             Political balance and challenge.

·             Strategic overview and accessibility.

·             Membership ensuring full representation of wards and attendance by operators.

·             Scope for looking at particular areas.

 

The Transport Liaison Group were in full support of the circulated terms of reference. 

 

The Group welcomed the opportunity to receive information and ask questions on transportation and traffic issues, covering both the local delivery of transportation services and the strategic implementation of high level policy, strategy and major investments.

 

The intention was still for the Transportation Advisory Board to meet on a quarterly basis, but the dates currently listed on the agenda would very likely change.  It was, therefore, requested that those dates be disregarded and the new dates recirculated in due course.

 

Agreed:-  That the draft Terms of Reference be supported

30.

Any other business

Minutes:

There were no further items of business.

31.

Date and time of the next meeting

 

·           Wednesday 27th September, 2017 (2.00pm start)

·           Wednesday 22nd November, 2017 (2.00pm start)

·           Wednesday, 21st March, 2018 (2.00 pm start)

Minutes:

Agreed:-  That the date and time of the next meeting be confirmed in due course.