Venue: Rotherham Town Hall, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2 TH
Contact: Dawn Mitchell, Governance Adviser
Consideration of an application (made in accordance with s.51 of the Licensing Act 2003) for the review of the Club Premises Certificate issued to Anston Club Limited in respect of Anston Club, 1 Main Street, North Anston, Sheffield S25 4BD PDF 266 KB
The Licensing Manager reported that, since the issuing of the Sub-Committee papers, there had been some developments in relation to the application to review the Club Premises Certificate to Anston Club Limited.
The concerns relating to the premises had included the admittance of non-members, sale of alcohol after hours, smoking in the premises, failing to maintain the requirements of an action plan by South Yorkshire Police in 2021 and disorder, noise and drug abuse which had led to the action plan being agreed. These serious issues had given rise to concerns by the Licensing Service acting as Responsible Authority.
The Licensing Service had initially been seeking a revocation of the Club Premises Certificate as it had been felt to be the only action in order to successfully and appropriately uphold the licensing objectives. However, having had the opportunity to discuss the application with the Club’s legal representative, the position of the Licensing Service had now changed in relation to this matter.
Whilst not minimising the concerns the Council had in relation to the premises, the Local Authority felt that the revocation of the licence may no longer be appropriate. A number of conditions were proposed which it was felt would successfully uphold the licensing objectives at the premises. The conditions had been submitted to Anston Club’s legal representative and all 23 conditions had been agreed as follows:-
1. The Club shall install a CCTV system at the premises which has 30 days recording and retrieval and be capable of downloading onto a portable storage device such as DVD or memory stick.
2. The CCTV cameras shall cover the entirety of the premises including the till area where payment is made for alcohol and all areas in which members of the public have access including all external areas and the customer park.
The location of the monitor to allow playback and retrieval of data shall be located in an area which is easily and safely accessible to Police Officers and Local Authority officers.
3. At least one current staff member shall be trained in the use of the system to ensure rapid data retrieval and download was retrieved should it be required by a Police Officer or Council Officer.
4. The Police and authorised Local Authority officers will be given unhindered access to the CCTV system as soon as is reasonably practicable in order for them to take copies of the images in connection with the prevention and detection of crime and disorder.
5. New staff shall receive induction training prior to the commencement of their employment at the Club including drug awareness, underage sales training and serving to persons who are drunk.
6. Staff refresher training shall take place on an annual basis and shall be recorded.
7. Staff training records in respect of age verification, underage sales, serving alcohol to persons under the influence of alcohol and drug awareness, shall be kept in respect of new and existing staff.
The record shall be signed by the Present or Secretary ... view the full minutes text for item 14.