The Deputy Leader will support the Leader day to day activity to allow him to concentrate on strategic issues. The portfolio holder will have specific responsibilities around child safeguarding, child protection and incorporates education, lifelong learning and the prevention early and intervention strategy.
· Statutory position as lead member for Children
· Children’s Safeguarding and prevention and early intervention strategies
· FCAF and referral and assessment processes
· Family intervention, fostering, adoption and looked after children including out of borough placements; corporate parenting lead
· Transitional arrangements from childhood to adulthood for young people with complex needs
· Lifelong Learning and lead member for Education & 14-19 Strategy including early years, schools, special schools, and pupil referral units.
· School Admissions and Appeals
· Member of the Health and Wellbeing Board
· School catering; School place planning; School effectiveness; School music service; contributing to Children, Young People and Families Partnership; Think Family Steering Group; Troubled Families agenda
· Integrated Youth Support Services