Venue: Town Hall, The Crofts, Moorgate Street, Rotherham. S60 2TH
Contact: Debbie Pons, Governance Adviser The webcast can be viewed at http://www.rotherham.public-i.tv
EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
There were no items on the agenda to warrant exclusion of the press and public.
Matters of Urgency
There were no matters of urgency for consideration.
Declarations of Interest PDF 280 KB
(A form is attached and spares will be available at the meeting)
Councillor Ball declared a disclosable personal interest in RB2022/1806 (Increase in height of part of building from two to three storeys to create apartments with two additional apartments in the roof space at Phoenix Court, 67 Blyth Road, Maltby) on the grounds that he had objected to the application prior to becoming a Planning Board Member.
Minutes of the previous meeting held on 27th April, 2023 PDF 280 KB
Resolved:- That the minutes of the previous meeting of the Planning Regulatory Board held on Thursday, 27th April, 2023, be approved as a correct record of the meeting.
Deferments/Site Visits (information attached) PDF 117 KB
There were no deferments or site visits recommended.
Development Proposals PDF 8 KB
Resolved:- (1) That, on the development proposals now considered, the requisite notices be issued and be made available on the Council’s website and that the time limits specified in Sections 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 apply.
In accordance with the right to speak procedure the following people attended the meeting and spoke about the applications below:-
- Installation and operation of a solar energy park and associated infrastructure at Common Farm Bookers Lane Dinnington for Banks Renewables Common Farm Solar Farm Ltd. (RB2022/1203)
Ms. R. Edmunds (Applicant)
Mr. C. Jepson (Objector)
Comments were also read out on behalf of Councillor Tarmey.
- Increase in height of part of building from 2 to 3 storeys with rooms in the roofspace to create 4 additional apartments at Phoenix Court 67 Blyth Road Maltby for Mr Blum (RB2022/1806)
Ms. J. Towe (Objector)
Mr. C. McMahon (Objector)
Statements were also read out from:-
Ms. D. Day (on behalf of the Applicant)
Mr. P. Moxon (Supporter)
Mr. and Mrs. K Boyd (Objectors)
- Erection of 29 dwellings, including access, landscaping and ancillary works at Land off Oak Road Wath-upon-Dearne for Hoober Homes (RB2023/0125)
Ms. J. Beckett (Applicant)
Mr. D. Skupian (Objector)
Mrs. J. Skupian (Objector)
Mr. B. Oldham (Objector)
Mrs. J. Oldham (Objector)
A statement was also read out on behalf of an Objector living on Poplar Drive.
(2) That with regards to application RB2022/1203:-
(a) The application be referred to the Secretary of State (Planning Casework Unit) under The Town and Country Planning (Consultation) (England) Direction 2021, being inappropriate development in the Green Belt and having a floorspace over 1000 sqm and would have a significant impact on the openness of the Green Belt.
(b) That subject to the National Planning Casework Unit not calling in the application for determination the Council resolves to grant permission for the proposed development subject to the conditions set out in the report.
(3) That the Planning Board declare that it was not favourably disposed towards application RB2022/1806 and that it be refused on the grounds that the Council considers that the proposed alterations by virtue of the increased roof height together with the proportions would be detrimental to the character of this historic building and appear out of keeping with the streetscene. As such, it is significantly harmful to the character and appearance of the area, contrary to Local Plan Policies SP55 ‘Design Principles’ and CS28 ‘Sustainable Design,’ and the National Planning Policy Framework. The exact wording for this reason for refusal to be agreed in consultation with the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Planning Board.
(4) That application RB2022/1884 be granted for the reasons adopted by Members at the meeting and subject to the relevant conditions listed in the submitted report.
(5) That, with regards to application RB2023/0125:-
(a) The Council enter into an Agreement under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 for the purposes of securing the following:-
· Seven Affordable Housing Units on ... view the full minutes text for item 198.
The following update was provided:-
(a) Further to Minute No. 183 of the meeting of the Planning Board held on 6th April, 2023 in relation to application RB2022/1639 (Application to vary Condition 2 (approved plans) imposed by RB2020/1860 at land south of Wood Lane, Treeton for Jones Homes (Yorkshire) Ltd.) discussion had taken place with Jones Homes about the Memorial Wheel and its orientation.
Having refused the application and reaching no agreement with Jones Homes the Council had now served an Enforcement Notice requiring Jones Homes to move the Memorial Wheel to the position designated in the approved plans.
The Planning Board would receive an update on progress in due course.
Resolved:- That the information be noted.
Date of next meeting
Resolved:- That the next meeting of the Planning Board take place on Thursday, 8th June, 2023 at 9.00 a.m. at Rotherham Town Hall.